There are two parts to your permit application process. Find the application forms and documents below.
You must complete and include the following forms. We cannot accept incomplete applications.
We want you to get your application right. Before submitting, we strongly suggest you talk to our Area Planner about your proposal.
**If you are building a garden suite you must complete a Development Permit for a Garden Suite Application**
- Rezoning / OCP Amendment / Development Permit / Development Permit Amendment Application Form [PDF - 310 KB]
- Development Variance Permit Application [PDF - 287 KB]
- Building Code Information Sheet [PDF - 38 KB]
- Stormwater Management Statement [PDF - 42 KB]
- Sustainability Statement [PDF - 119 KB]
- See the Fee Schedule [PDF - 16 KB].
- BC Energy & Zero Carbon Step Code Information for Applicants FAQ sheet [PDF - 1 MB]
- Guidelines to Public Meetings [PDF - 28 KB]
- Sustainability Statement Guidelines [PDF - 706 KB]
- Development Application Plan Sample [PDF - 2 MB]
- Tree Protection Bylaw
- EV Infrastructure Technical Bulletin [PDF - 296 KB]
- BC Energy & Zero Carbon Step Code
- Starting June 12, 2023 the District of Saanich Tenant Assistance Policy will apply to rezoning applications where, if approved, five or more tenant occupied dwelling units are being demolished or substantially renovated. Please visit the Tenant Assistance Policy page for more information.
- As of May 1, 2023 requirements for the BC Zero Carbon Step Code [PDF - 963 KB come into effect for new buildings. It is recommended that applicants and design teams familiarize themselves with the requirements of the Zero Carbon Step Code early in the development and design process
- As of September 1, 2020 Electric Vehicle (EV) infrastructure requirements will apply to all new residential, institutional, commercial, multi-family and industrial buildings. Please see Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Requirements for more information.