There are two parts to your permit application process. Find the required application forms and relevant documents below.
As cannot accept or process incomplete applications, before submitting, we strongly suggest you talk to our Area Planner about your proposal.
- Rezoning / OCP Amendment / Development Permit / Development Permit Amendment Application Form
- Development Variance Permit Application
- Building Code Information Sheet
- Stormwater Management Statement
- Sustainability Statement
- See the Fee Schedule
- BC Energy & Zero Carbon Step Code Information for Applicants FAQ sheet
- Guidelines to Public Meetings
- Sustainability Statement Guidelines
- Development Application Plan Sample
- Tree Protection Bylaw
- EV Infrastructure Technical Bulletin
- BC Energy & Zero Carbon Step Code
- As of June 12, 2023 the District of Saanich's Tenant Assistance Policy applies to rezoning applications where five or more tenant-occupied dwelling units are being permanently vacated. Please visit saanich.ca/TAP for more information.
- As of May 1, 2023 requirements for the BC Zero Carbon Step Code come into effect for new buildings. It is recommended that applicants and design teams familiarize themselves with the requirements of the Zero Carbon Step Code early in the development and design process
- As of September 1, 2020 Electric Vehicle (EV) infrastructure requirements will apply to all new residential, institutional, commercial, multi-family and industrial buildings. Please see Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Requirements for more information.