There are two parts to your permit application process. Find the application forms and documents below.
You must complete and include the following forms. We cannot accept incomplete applications.
We want you to get your application right. Before submitting, we strongly suggest you talk to our Area Planner about your proposal.
**If you are building a garden suite you must complete a Development Permit for a Garden Suite Application**
- Rezoning / OCP Amendment / Development Permit / Development Permit Amendment Application Form [PDF - 49 KB]
- Development Variance Permit Application [PDF - 32 KB]
- Contaminated Sites Regulation [PDF - 209 KB]
- Building Code Information Sheet [PDF - 38 KB]
- Stormwater Management Statement [PDF - 42 KB]
- Sustainability Statement [PDF - 119 KB]
- See the Fee Schedule [PDF - 16 KB].
- Guidelines to Public Meetings [PDF - 28 KB]
- Sustainability Statement Guidelines [PDF - 706 KB]
- Development Application Plan Sample [PDF - 2 MB]
- Tree Protection Bylaw
- EV Infrastructure Technical Bulletin [PDF - 296 KB]
- As of June 1, 2019 Step Code [PDF - 963 KB] will apply to all new residential and commercial buildings. It is recommended that applicants familiarize themselves with the requirements of the Step Code and the use of a registered energy advisor, energy models and air tightness testing.
As of September 1, 2020 Electric Vehicle (EV) infrastructure requirements will apply to all new residential, institutional, commercial, multi-family and industrial buildings. Please see Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Requirements for more information.