Limited general use park permits will be issued at this time.
Youth sports with approved safety plans from viaSport may receive a permit based on Phase 2 activities (practices only - no contact). No spectators at any activity.
With COVID-19 restrictions, the required information to receive a permit is subject to change as the pandemic evolves. Please read through the below and submit any relevant documents with your permit application request. The permit application form follows this information.
All park permit applicants must read, agree to, initial, complete, sign and return the COVID-19 Addendum to Facility Use Agreement/License [PDF - 270 KB] before a park permit can be reviewed. Return this form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All permit holders must collect and maintain a list of attendees along with a phone number or email address of event participants. This list must be kept for at least 30 days and provided upon request to the Island Health Authority for contact tracing purposes. You can use any method to save this list. We have provided a template [PDF - 181 KB] simply as a courtesy to support your event.
- All commercial activity permitees (e.g., bootcamp operator, contractor performing work), park home user groups and organized sports teams must complete and submit a COVID-19 Safety Plan. You can provide your own plan, or use this WorkSafeBC safety plan template [PDF - 559 KB]. This document may require revisions until approved by Saanich Parks. Also required for this group (as applicable) is:
- an electronic copy or link to an approved return to play plan from governing sports body
- proof of valid general liability insurance with the District of Saanich included as an additional insured
- copy of a valid District of Saanich or inter-municipal business license
- proof of valid WorkSafeBC coverage
- All contractors and home user group members with access to buildings also must complete, submit and have approved a Contractors, licensees and lease holders working at a Saanich facility during COVID-19 form [PDF - 63 KB] to meet Occupational Health & Safety obligations.
Space is limited for reservations as we try to limit park guests in one specific park. Find out more about Saanich's response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Reserve space in one of our parks! Parks are still open to the general public, but you can have priority use for picnic tables, fields, etc., with a permit. Please note, we require at least five (5) business days notice to reserve a park (longer for special events and sporting activities).
Use this same permit request form to access a park or trail for access to private property, public utility or other works. Require site access plan and valid insurance for such access.