No general use park permits will be issued at this time. Only youth sports with approved safety plans from viaSport will continue. This is currently restricted to Phase 2 activities (practices only - no contact). Activities limited to teams within the CRD (no activity with teams from outside the CRD allowed). No spectators at any activity.
The below will apply when permits can be issued again. With COVID-19 restrictions, we are limiting the number of park permits that can be approved. The required information is subject to change as the pandemic evolves. Please read through the below. The permit application form follows this information.
All park permit holders must read and follow the Public Health Officer Order on Gatherings and Events
All park permit applicants must read, agree to, initial, complete, sign and return the COVID-19 Addendum to Facility Use Agreement/License [PDF - 270 KB] before a park permit can be issued.
- All permit holders must collect and maintain a list of attendees [PDF - 255 KB] along with a phone number or email address of event participants. This list must be kept for at least 30 days and provided upon request. You can use any method to save this list. We have provided a template simply as a courtesy to support your event.
- All commercial activity permitees (e.g., bootcamp operator, contractor performing work), park home user groups and organized sports teams must complete and submit a WorkSafeBC COVID-19 Safety Plan [PDF - 559 KB]. This document may require revisions until approved by Saanich Parks. Also required for these permit holders is:
- an electronic copy or link to an approved return to play plan from governing sports body
- proof of valid general liability insurance with the District of Saanich included as an additional insured
- as applicable, copy of a valid District of Saanich or inter-municipal business license
- as applicable, proof of valid WorkSafeBC coverage
- All contractors and home user group members with access to buildings also must complete, submit and have approved a Contractors, licensees and lease holders working at a Saanich facility during COVID-19 form [PDF - 63 KB] to meet Occupational Health & Safety obligations.
Space is limited for reservations as we try to limit park guests in one specific park. Find out more about Saanich's response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Reserve space in one of our parks! Parks are still open to the general public, but you can have priority use for picnic tables, fields, etc., with a permit. Please note, we require at least five (5) business days notice to reserve a park (longer for special events and sporting activities).
Use this same permit request form to access a park or trail for access to private property, public utility or other works. Require site access plan and valid insurance for such access.