The District of Saanich has canceled all Advisory Committees, Commissions, Boards and Foundation meetings for the next 90 days.
Please visit us at saanich.ca or subscribe to our social media channels for the most up-to-date information on municipal programs and services.
Saanich has many committees and boards, most of which advise Council.
There are three primary types of committees (standing, select and advisory) that the Mayor or the Mayor and Council may establish. There are also statutory boards and authorities that senior levels of government establish.
2020 Committee Appointments List(updated March 2020)
Municipal Appointments to Advisory Committees
The application deadline has now passed for the 2020 Municipal Appointments.
If you would like to serve your community, you may apply in the Fall of 2021 to sit on a committee in an area such as:
- Arts and Heritage
- Transportation and Pedestrian Mobility
- Parks and Recreation
Types of Committees
- Council establishes Advisory Committees
- Most include one Council member as Chair
- The Mayor establishes Standing Committees for special purposes
- The Mayor appoints all the members of a Standing Committee with at least half being Council members
Statutory Boards and Authorities
- Created through provincial and federal legislation
- Each board and authority has a unique function within the municipal framework
- Deal with specific technical matters