2021 Committee Appointments List (updated December 2020)
Municipal Appointments to Advisory Committees
The District of Saanich currently has a vacant position on the Parks, Trails and Recreation Advisory Committee for one youth member aged 16 – 24 years.
The purpose of the Parks, Trails and Recreation Advisory Committee is to advise Council and recommend policies on parks, trails and recreation matters, including services, facilities and specific community interests. The commitment is a 1-year term. The advisory committee meets on the 4th Wednesday of every month at 4:00 p.m., with the exception of July, August and December when there are no meetings. For more information please go to the Committee webpage.
To be considered for an appointment, an application form [PDF - 282 KB] and resume must be submitted to the Legislative Division by the deadline of Friday, January 22, 2021 at 4:30 p.m.. The position would begin in February 2021.
For further information please call Legislative Services at 250-475-5501 or e-mail email@example.com.
The application deadline has now passed for the remainder of the 2021 Municipal Appointments.
If you would like to serve your community, you may apply in the Fall of 2021 to sit on a committee in an area such as:
- Arts and heritage
- Transportation and pedestrian mobility
- Parks and recreation
Types of Committees
- Council establishes Advisory Committees
- Most include one Council member as Chair
- The Mayor establishes Standing Committees for special purposes
- The Mayor appoints all the members of a Standing Committee with at least half being Council members
Statutory Boards and Authorities
- Created through provincial and federal legislation
- Each board and authority has a unique function within the municipal framework
- Deal with specific technical matters