There are several ways to take part in Saanich Council meetings.
Delegation at a Regular Council Meeting
- Bring forward an idea or concept.
- Update Council about an ongoing project.
- Make a presentation on any matter of broad interest to Saanich.
Council may hear up to two delegations of ten minutes each.
Please complete an Application to Appear as a Delegation. Submit it to Legislative Services at least ten days before the preferred meeting date.
Contact us at 250-475-1775, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Items on a Regular Council Agenda
- Council will hear speakers only during the "Public Input on Business Items" portion of the agenda.
- Up to three (3) minutes per speaker.
Items on a Regular Committee of the Whole Agenda
- A speaker has up to five (5) minutes to address Council on each agenda item.
- Neighbourhood community associations may get up to ten (10) minutes if they have carried out a neighbourhood engagement process.
- This is your chance to address Council without the formality of a meeting.
- Council holds Open Forums at the beginning of Council meetings.
- Each speaker receives three (3) minutes to address Council for a total of fifteen (15) minutes.
There are some restrictions. Please refer to the Guidelines for Delegations at Council Meetings.
Correspondence to Council
You don't need to attend a meeting to have Council consider your input:
- Email email@example.com
- Mail a submission to 770 Vernon Ave, Victoria BC, V8X 2W7
- Drop information off in person to the Legislative Division on the second floor at 770 Vernon Avenue.
All correspondence to Council and Committee of the Whole, in regards to a specific item on an agenda, must be received by Noon. on the day of the meeting.
We have listed contact details for all Council members. You are welcome to contact any of them.