There are several ways to take part in Saanich Council meetings.
Delegation at a Committee of the Whole Meeting
- Bring forward an idea or concept.
- Update Council about an ongoing project.
- Make a presentation on any matter of broad interest to Saanich.
A person or persons on behalf of an organization or association who wishes to address Council as a delegation must submit a written request at least ten (10) days in advance of a Committee of the Whole meeting.
Council may hear one delegation per meeting for up to ten (10) minutes.
Please complete an Application to Appear as a Delegation. Submit it to Legislative Services at least ten days before the preferred meeting date.
Contact us at 250-475-5501, or email email@example.com for more information.
Items on a Regular Council Agenda
- Council will hear speakers only during the "Public Input on Business Items" portion of the agenda.
- Up to three (3) minutes per speaker.
Items on a Regular Committee of the Whole Agenda
- A speaker has up to three (3) minutes to address Council on each agenda item.
- Neighbourhood community associations may get up to six (6) minutes if they have carried out a neighbourhood engagement process.
Items on a Public Hearing Agenda
- A speaker has up to five (5) minutes to address Council during the Public Input portion of each agenda item.
- This is your chance to address Council without the formality of a meeting.
- Council holds Open Forums at the beginning of Committee of the Whole meetings.
- Each speaker receives three (3) minutes to address Council for a total of fifteen (15) minutes.
- Pre-registration is required. Please either email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250-475-5501 to register prior to 12:00 p.m. (noon) on the day of the Committee of the Whole meeting.
There are some restrictions. Please refer to the Guidelines for Delegations.
Correspondence to Council
You don't need to attend a meeting to have Council consider your input:
- Email email@example.com
- Mail a submission to 770 Vernon Ave, Victoria BC, V8X 2W7
- Drop information off in person to the Legislative Division on the second floor at 770 Vernon Avenue.
All correspondence to Mayor and Council, in regards to a specific item on an agenda, must be received by noon on the day of the meeting; will form part of the public record; and, may be published in a meeting agenda.
We have listed contact details for all Council members. You are welcome to contact any of them.