Leisure Involvement For Everyone
Saanich assists individuals and families living on a low income to access recreation services and programs at our recreation centres.
Leisure Involvement for Everyone (L.I.F.E.) includes three options to choose from:
- 52x FREE drop-ins with additional discount coupons to registered programs
- LIFE participants can purchase an annual pass valid for one year from the date of sale at 50% off the regular price
- LIFE participants can purchase an annual regional pass valid for one year from the date of sale at 50% off the regular price
Eligible individuals and families are required to be:
- A Saanich resident. You will be required to show a utility bill dated within the past 3 months with the applicant's name on it or a signed, dated renter's agreement
- Low income. Please refer to the numbers listed below. You will be required to show notice of assessments for all applicants over 18 years of age from the past year or previous 2 years will be accepted until July 1 of the current year
The following Low-income threshold numbers will be used for 2022 applications (Per # of People in a family)
Please visit any one of our four Saanich Recreation Centres to apply for the LIFE Program.
How to Apply for the LIFE Program during the COVID-19 Pandemic
Our four Saanich Recreation Centres are able to assist you.
If entering a recreation facility is not possible, please email our Community Services Financial Assistance Programmer Mena Westhaver at firstname.lastname@example.org. Mena will get back to you as soon as possible.
What do you need to apply:
- Proof of current Saanich residency (a utility bill issued within 3 months or a current signed rental agreement).
- A Notice of Assessment(s). We will accept a 2020 (until July 1 2022) or 2021 Notice of Assessment as proof of income for 2022 applications.
- A completed adjudicator form may be used to show proof of low income in situations where current income is not accurately shown on past documentations.
An adjudicator form can replace a notice of assessment if illness, job loss or an experience such as the pandemic has negatively impacted your current income status.
* Adjudicator forms can be issued through our Community Services Financial Assistance Programmer, Mena Westhaver. You can email Mena at email@example.com.
- Full-time post-secondary students are NOT eligible for the LIFE program. Spouses and dependents of students (that are not students themselves) are still eligible
- You cannot transfer LIFE coupons, access cards and membership passes.