We welcome everyone!
Our Recreation Centres have:
- Designated disabled parking stalls
- Extra wide parking stalls for ramped accessible vehicles
- Automatic doors into the building
Our Recreation Centres have many other accessible features. View our Recreation Centre pages for details.
Accessibility in Saanich is about enabling everyone to participate fully in our Parks and Recreation services. We envision a barrier-free community for all.
Effective immediatley, Saanich residents may apply for a Leisure Assistant Pass directly through Saanich Parks and Recreation. This pass is for people with disabilities, of all ages, who require the assistance of a support person for leisure activities. Upon presentation of the Leisure Assistant Pass at a participating venue, one support person will be given free or reduced admission. The intention is to facilitate participation, while ensuring the person with a disability does not pay double for admission. Visit any Saanich Recreation Centre, send an email to email@example.com or phone us at 250-475-5422 to sign up.
General Inquiries on Spring / Summer Camps or Inclusion Services
For any questions or concerns, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Specific Information for Families with Supported Child Development (SCD) Funding
If you have funding through SCD and wish to send your child to camp with an Independent Support Worker or family member (someone not affiliated with Saanich), please contact email@example.com
For Families that do not have funding through Supported Child Development because:
- You have funding through a different organization and wish to request Saanich 1-on-1 Inclusion Leader support.
- You have funding through a different organization and wish to send your child to camp with an Independent Support Worker or family member (someone not affiliated with Saanich).
- You are a family that does not have third-party funding and require 1-on-1 support for their child to attend camp.
Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org