Stay Busy and Healthy while at home!
Simple Healthy Recipes
If balance, mobility or other impairments prevent you from participating, do not stop your favourite activity for fear of injury or falling, bring a friend or caregiver! This card allows an assistant free access to support you while you participate.
Older Adult Assistance Card Application
What to expect when you return?
- Regulated entry into buildings with social distance markings
- Directional traffic flow and exiting signage
- Cafes will be closed, no ability to socialize in lobbies
- Smaller class sizes and selection of programs
- Hand sanitizing requirements
- Pre-registration required
- No one exhibiting signs of illness will be permitted in buildings
We look forward to seeing our patrons back in our centres!
Partners in Recreation
Saanich Parks & Recreation works with many local organizations to help deliver social and recreational opportunities to our older citizens. We work to provide avenues for social participation not just in our centres but in the community at large. For more information on our partners and older adult organizations see the "RELATED LINKS" list on this page. Many offer opportunities for low cost or free programs, social gatherings and volunteering.
Saanich Parks and Recreation Older Adults Strategy
Saanich Parks and Recreation Older Adults Strategy 2017-2022 was approved by Saanich Council in June of 2017. In 2019 Council approved the full funding requests to implement the actions and proposed goals of the strategy.
Please open the Older Adults Strategy Final Report to review the findings, priorities, and proposed goals and actions for the years 2017-2022.