Designing our community so that programs and services are friendly to adults and seniors as they age is a priority.
The World Health Organization designated Saanich a Global Age-Friendly City.
- recognize the great diversity among older persons;
- promote their inclusion and contribution to community;
- respect their decisions and lifestyle choices; and
- anticipate and respond flexibly to aging related needs and preferences.
Read our Age-Friendly Cities Project Report [PDF - 951 KB] to find out about initiatives and future plans to keep our community age-friendly.
We encourage older adults to maintain their healthy and active lifestyles. We aim to provide a positive environment where aging residents:
- can live healthy and active lives well into their senior years;
- are valued for their skills and life experiences; and
- participate in the community in ways that they choose.