Welcome and thank you for your interest in sharing your time with us! Saanich Parks, Recreation and Community Services is known for quality programming. Our volunteers play a vital role in supporting our participants and programs and we offer a wide variety of opportunities for you to share your talents.
Saanich implements vaccine mandate for volunteers and contractors
As of January 10, 2022, the District of Saanich will require all volunteers and contractors who provide service to or on behalf of the District to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
This requirement accompanies the vaccine mandate for Saanich employees announced October 27 to protect the health and safety of municipal employees and the community.
The vaccination mandate applies to:
- All volunteers, regardless of workplace or worksite location, including those working remotely.
- Contractors, where one or more of the following applies:
- the contractor is performing work within, or otherwise has access to any District property, facility, workplace or worksite;
- the workplace or worksite location is one where the District is the “prime contractor” for purposes of the Workers Compensation Act.
For more information contact us by email
How to Volunteer:
- Click here to search volunteer opportunities.
(you will be redirected to a new webpage with a listing of activities)
- Volunteers must be 15 years or older
To strengthen and connect our community through recreation volunteerism.
Inspired volunteers engaged in meaningful opportunities.
- Improve your life and health
- Build community
- End loneliness
- Build bonds, create friendships
- Promote longevity
- Develop emotional stability
- Add more fun to your life
- Improve your school experience
- Improve your job prospects
- Keen and committed
- Friendly and enjoy being around people
- Punctual and dependable
- Receptive to feedback
- In it for all the right reasons!
How to Find Us