The District of Saanich strives to increase community arts and cultural opportunities and capacity.
Call for Artists: Gorge on Art - July 1, 2021
Interested in participating as an artist in Gorge on Art and the Gorge Canada Day Picnic for 2021? This year's event has been canceled due to restrictions on public gathering and large events. However, you can sign up to receive information on next year's event as it is released! This unique community event will take place along the Gorge Waterway on Canada Day, July 1, 2020 from 9:00 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Saanich Artists Studio Tours 2020
Discover local art in beautiful Saanich! Artists welcome visitors to their studios. Free admission, all welcome.
*While normally in May, tours are being rescheduled to run over weekends this fall. Stay tuned for updates. More Info
Call for 2021 Exhibitions: Arts Centre at Cedar Hill and Saanich Municipal Hall
- Waitlists are being taken for 2020 exhibitions.
*Given recent facility closures due to COVID-19, some scheduled exhibitions are being cancelled or rescheduled. A call for 2021 exhibitions will be released soon.
- If you would like to receive notification when the 2021 Calls for Exhibitions are available, please contact Brenda Weatherston at email@example.com or 250-475-5557. Indicate your interest in Cedar Hill, Saanich Municipal Hall, or both.
Saanich facilitates opportunities for its citizens and encouragement and support for its artists through:
- Creating partnerships with local artists and groups, cultural and community associations, cultural organizations and businesses
- Offering arts programming, exhibitions, special events and opportunities at The Arts Centre at Cedar Hill, Municipal Hall and other venues
- Contributing to the CRD Arts Development Service, which provides funding to arts organizations on behalf of 8 municipalities in the capital region CRD Arts Development Service
Learn more about Saanich's art and culture programs, facilities, and policies: