The District of Saanich strives to increase community arts and cultural opportunities and capacity.
Call for Artists: 2020 Arts in Community Pop-ups
- Are you a musician, artist, actor, dancer or spoken word artist interested in sharing your art with the community through small pop-up opportunities this summer?
- Find out more about this opportunity and apply:
Arts in Community Application
Saanich Artists Studio Tours 2020
- Discover local art in beautiful Saanich! Artists welcome visitors to their studios. Free admission, all welcome.
- While normally in May, tours are being rescheduled to run over weekends this fall. Stay tuned for updates. More Info
Sign up for Artists Updates today!
- Find out about upcoming arts and culture opportunities, initiatives and events for artists and cultural groups. Opportunities may include (but are not limited to): calls for exhibition, public art calls, performance opportunities, and special event participation.
Call for 2021 Exhibitions: Arts Centre at Cedar Hill and Saanich Municipal Hall
- Given recent facility closures due to COVID-19, some 2020 scheduled exhibitions are being cancelled or rescheduled into 2021. A call for available 2021 exhibition opportunities will be released later this summer.
- If you would like to receive notification of the 2021 Call for Exhibitions, please contact Brenda Weatherston at firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-475-5557. Indicate your interest in Cedar Hill, Saanich Municipal Hall, or both.
Call for Artists: Gorge on Art - July 1, 2021
- Interested in participating as an artist in Gorge on Art and the Gorge Canada Day Picnic for 2021? This year's event has been canceled due to restrictions on public gathering and large events. However, you can sign up to receive information on next year's event as it is released!
- This unique community event will take place along the Gorge Waterway on Canada Day, July 1, 2021 from 9:00 a.m. to 4 p.m. Email email@example.com to add your name to the list!
Saanich facilitates opportunities for its citizens and encouragement and support for its artists through:
- Creating partnerships with local artists and groups, cultural and community associations, cultural organizations and businesses
- Offering arts programming, exhibitions, special events and opportunities at The Arts Centre at Cedar Hill, Municipal Hall and other venues
- Contributing to the CRD Arts Development Service, which provides funding to arts organizations on behalf of 8 municipalities in the capital region
CRD Arts Development Service
Learn more about Saanich's art and culture programs, facilities, and policies: