The District of Saanich strives to increase community arts and cultural opportunities and capacity.
Call for Artists: Gorge on Art - July 1, 2020
Take part in this unique community event. Apply to be an
artist at this year's Gorge on Art, part of the popular annual
Gorge Canada Day Picnic on July 1, 2020 from 9:00 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Saanich Artists Studio Tours 2020
Discover local art in beautiful Saanich! Artists welcome visitors to their studios. Free admission, all welcome.
*While normally in May, tours are being rescheduled to run over weekends this fall. Stay tuned for updates. More Info
Call for 2021 Exhibitions: Arts Centre at Cedar Hill and Saanich Municipal Hall
- Waitlists are being taken for 2020 exhibitions.
*Given recent facilitiy closures due to COVID-19, some scheduled exhibitions are being cancelled or rescheduled. A call for 2021 exhibitions will be released soon.
- If you would like to receive notification when the 2021 Calls for Exhibitions are available, please contact Brenda Weatherston at firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-475-5557. Indicate your interest in Cedar Hill, Saanich Municipal Hall, or both.
Saanich facilitates opportunities for its citizens and encouragement and support for its artists through:
- Creating partnerships with local artists and groups, cultural and community associations, cultural organizations and businesses
- Offering arts programming, exhibitions, special events and opportunities at The Arts Centre at Cedar Hill, Municipal Hall and other venues
- Contributing to the CRD Arts Development Service, which provides funding to arts organizations on behalf of 8 municipalities in the capital region CRD Arts Development Service
Learn more about Saanich's art and culture programs, facilities, and policies: