The Peninsula & Area Agricultural Commission (PAAC) is an advisory committee whose mandate is to advise the Municipalities of Central Saanich, Metchosin, North Saanich and Saanich, on matters involving agriculture, and, to facilitate the development of programs for implementation of the Saanich Peninsula Agricultural Strategy objectives and keep the Municipalities advised of these programs.
PAAC is currently accepting applications from residents wishing to serve their community. Meetings take place on the third Thursday of the month at 7 p.m. except in the months of July and August.
Preference will be given to applicants who are actively farming or have a background in matters involving agriculture, in particular, applicants with livestock experience.
HOW TO APPLY: Applicants interested in being considered for an appointment must complete an Application for Appointment available below or by contacting Isobel Hoffmann at Isobel.email@example.com. The Terms of Reference for PAAC are also below.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 4:30 P.M., FRIDAY, MAY 20, 2022
Applications will be accepted after the deadline and will be kept on file for future vacancies.
Submit to the Legislative Services Division, District of Saanich, 770 Vernon Avenue, Victoria, BC, V8X 2W7 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PAAC Strategic Objectives
- Secure an adequate water supply to farms at a competitive cost.
- Increase economic returns to farmers.
- Enhance agricultural land base sustainability.
- Foster farm land stewardship that embraces environmental and other community values.
- Increase public awareness, education and support for a sustainable farm community.
- Establish a continuing focal point for farm issues and implementation of the strategy.
- PAAC 2021 Annual Report
- PAAC 2020 Annual Report
- PAAC 2018 Annual Report
- PAAC 2017 Annual Report and Appendix A
- PAAC 2016 Annual Report
- PAAC 2015 Annual Report
- PAAC 2014 Annual Report
- PAAC 2013 Annual Report
- PAAC 2012 Annual Report
For further information on the Peninsula and Area Agricultural Commission (PAAC) please contact Isobel Hofmann, Secretary at email@example.com