- 2019 Agendas & Minutes
- Meeting dates & Application deadlines
- Application to the Board of Variance
- Application Project Data Table - New Home Construction
- SAMPLE Application Project Data Table - New Home Construction
- Application Project Data Table - Additions & Converting an Existing Garage/Carport
- SAMPLE Application Project Data Table - Additions & Converting an Existing Garage/Carport
- SAMPLE Plans
- Letter of Assurance from BC Land Surveyor Form
- Mandate and Meeting Procedures
- Terms of Reference
The Board of Variance is a statutory committee comprised of five volunteer representatives appointed by Council and meets once per month on the second Wednesday evening. The Board of Variance has the power to grant minor variances from the Zoning Bylaw in situations where compliance respecting the siting, dimension, or size of a building or structure would cause a person undue hardship. A variance may not vary the density or use of land, and if granted, expires two years from the approval date.
Minor variances include:
- The provisions of the Tree Protection Bylaw within certain limitations.
- The prohibition of a structural alteration or addition under Section 911(5) of the Local Government Act.
- A subdivision servicing requirement under Section 938 (1) (c) of the Local Government Act in an area zoned for agricultural or industrial use.
For more information, please refer to Board of Variance Bylaw, 2004 No.8599.