2020 Committee Appointments List (updated September 2020)
The District of Saanich is currently accepting applications from Saanich residents wishing to be involved in local government by sitting as a member of an Advisory Committee, Board or Foundation. Appointments effective 2021 are made by Saanich Council and are generally for a one-year term. If you would like to serve your community, we encourage you to apply.
FOR INFORMATION: Contact the Legislative Division at 250-475-5501.
HOW TO APPLY: Saanich residents interested in being considered for an appointment must provide a resume and complete an Application for Appointment.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 4:30 P.M., FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 6, 2020. Submit to the Legislative Division, District of Saanich, 770 Vernon Avenue, Victoria, BC, V8X 2W7, or by email: email@example.com.
Types of Committees
- Council establishes Advisory Committees
- Most include one Council member as Chair
- The Mayor establishes Standing Committees for special purposes
- The Mayor appoints all the members of a Standing Committee with at least half being Council members
Statutory Boards and Authorities
- Created through provincial and federal legislation
- Each board and authority has a unique function within the municipal framework
- Deal with specific technical matters