The Resilient Saanich Technical Committee (RSTC) was formed in 2020 to work with staff and consultants in shaping the "Resilient Saanich" Environmental Policy Framework. Committee members are specialists chosen by Council to advise and share expertise towards the development of "Resilient Saanich". Meet the RSTC members [PDF - 447 KB].
The aim of "Resilient Saanich" is to address current policy gaps and to effectively meet the initiative's, goals, and objectives for the natural environment. The process includes the development of a Policy Framework and Biodiversity Conservation Strategy.
Resilient Saanich Principles and Goals were endorsed by Council on August 22, 2022. They were developed through the RSTC along with feedback from a public process in 2021 [PDF - 17 MB].
Technical Committee Information
- New Terms of Reference: "Resilient Saanich Technical Committee" (Committee Terms of Reference Appendix A [PDF - 421 KB])
- RSTC members [PDF - 447 KB]
- Mapping Report: Sensitive Ecosystems Inventory (SEI) with Land Ownership Types in Saanich [PDF - 1 MB]
View the schedule/agendas/minutes for this project.
Resilient Saanich Process
- Subscribe to "Resilient Saanich" e-Bulletins
- Information about the "Resilient Saanich" process
Milestone One public engagement is closed, but you can see the information at: Resilient Saanich Virtual Open House.