We provide a wide range of emergency services:
- Fire suppression (structure fires, brush/wild fires, vehicle fires)
- Medical response
- Vehicle extrication
- Land and marine rescue
- Mutual aid requests
- Public service requests
- All other emergencies requiring our professional attention
Specialty teams are ready to respond to incidents like:
- Hazardous materials emergencies.
- Technical and high angle rescues.
- Confined space rescues.
- Inspect public buildings.
- Respond to burning complaints.
- Conduct fire station tours
- Maintain stations and equipment.
- Provide public education and in-house training.
- Train daily to be ready to respond to any kind of emergency.
We provide suppression and rescue services from three fire stations, 24 hours a day using state-of-the-art equipment.
Suppression and Rescue Statistics
- Area Served: 103.43 sq km
- Population: 114,000
- Fire Stations: 3
- 132 Uniformed Members
- Over 4,900 emergency and non-emergency incident responses
Did you know?
The Fire Department received Superior Tanker Shuttle Service Accreditation from the Fire Underwriters Survey of B.C. in 2013 and was re-accredited in 2020.
This accreditation is significant for our community. It means we can provide superior fire protection in waterless areas and give most residents considerable fire insurance premium savings.
Contact us to find out if you fall within the accredited coverage area and may be eligible for fire and home insurance rate reductions.