The Corporate Services Department has four distinct areas:
The Human Resources staff assist all departments within Saanich with the following:
- Departmental planning
- Employee benefits package
- Retirement transition
- Contract negotiations
- Job evaluation and classification
- Labour relations
- Training and development
- Health and wellness initiatives
- Employee coaching
- Employee counselling
- Wage and salary administration
- Personnel records
We also provide advice to the Administrator, Council and Police Board on a wide range of personnel and labour relations matters.
The Communications staff provide support for internal and external communications, including:
- Branding / Visual Identity Program
- Social media
- Public participation
- Graphic design
- Issues management
- Managing the strategic planning and progress reporting processes
- Media relations
- Developing content for both the internal and external communications
OH&S has helped keep Saanich COR (Certificate of Recognition) accredited since 2009. This accreditation means that we meet industry standards in health and safety and injury management systems.
- Works to prevent accidents and disease
- Runs return-to-work programs to help our employees remain productive at work.
- Ensures all of our workplaces and employees comply with WorkSafeBC requirements.
Communications staff provide support for the strategic planning and reporting processes, including:
- Coordinating reporting on previous years initiatives
- Managing current year plan
- Supporting planning for future years
- Conducting citizen and business surveys