Climate Action Progress Reports
Climate Plan Report Card
The Climate Plan: 100% Renewable and Resilient Saanich, adopted in January 2020, includes a commitment to annual progress reporting. We will be monitoring our progress on climate action and presenting this annually to Council in the form of a Climate Action Report Card.
Each yearsince 2010, Saanich has reported on corporate (District operations) GHG emissions to the B.C. Government. From 2010 - 2020, Saanich reported through the Climate Action Revenue Incentive Program (CARIP). As of 2022, the District reports through the Local Government Climate Action Program (LGCAP).
- Read the 2021 LGCAP Survey Submission Report [PDF - 524 KB]
- Read the 2020 Carbon Tax Attestation form [PDF - 48 KB]. (The CARIP report was not required by the Province this year so please refer to the 2020 Climate Plan Report Card [PDF - 5 MB] for an update on corporate and community climate action for this year.)
- Read the 2019 Saanich CARIP Report [PDF - 906 KB]
- Read the 2018-Saanich-CARIP-Report.pdf [PDF - 963 KB]
- Read the 2017 CARIP Report [PDF - 920 KB].
- Read the 2016 CARIP Report_District of Saanich_26May2017.pdf [PDF - 709 KB]
CDP and Global Covenant of Mayors Reporting
The District joins cities around the world committing to climate action and transparent disclosure of climate action progress. Learn more about the CDP Cities and the Global Covenant of Mayors for Climate and Energy. 2020 was the first year Saanich reported publicly, and was rated as an "A list" city through CDP in 2020, 2021, and 2022. We also are fully compliant with the Global Covenant of Mayors' adaptation and mitigation requirements.
Partners for Climate Protection
Saanich has achieved Milestone 5, the highest milestone in the Partners for Climate Protection (PCP) program. The PCP program is a partnership between ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability and the Federation of Canadian Municipalities. PCP receives financial support from the Government of Canada and ICLEI Canada
Progress on 2010 Climate Action Plan and 2011 Climate Adaptation Plan
We’ve made strides with many of the targets we set in previous Climate Plans. That said, we still have much more to do. Contact us for previous progress reports.
Visit the Climate Plan page for more information on climate action moving forwards.