- Online Climate Action Workshop Series - Tuesday evenings starting September 14th
- Sign up for e-news updates to learn about the latest Climate Action news in Saanich.
- Coming soon!
Join the Climate Quarterly E-Newsletter
Sign up for e-news updates to learn about the latest Climate Action news in Saanich.
2020 Climate Plan Supporting Documents
On January 28, 2020, Council adopted the 2020 Climate Plan: 100% Renewable and Resilient Saanich.
Read the Climate Plan [PDF - 6 MB] and supporting documents:
- January 9 Staff report
- Community greenhouse gas emissions (Territorial/Global Protocol for Community-Scale GHG Emissions (GPC Basic+) [PDF - 2 MB] and Consumption-Based/Ecocity Footprint [PDF - 1 MB])
- Climate Plan Engagement Reports (Phase 1 [PDF - 4 MB], Phase 2, [PDF - 7 MB] and Phase 3 [PDF - 3 MB]).
- Saanich Climate Risk Assessment Report [PDF - 529 KB]
- August 2019 staff report on updated climate targets [PDF - 583 KB]
- September 2019 staff report on climate emergency response accelerated actions
- Climate Plan Backgrounder Series [PDF - 3 MB]
- Updated Terms of Reference [PDF - 876 KB]
- Phase 2 Climate Plan Boards [PDF - 6 MB]
- Climate Friendly Homes Presentation Slides [PDF - 3 MB]
- Electric Vehicles Presentation Slides [PDF - 620 KB]
- Phase 2 Climate Plan Survey [PDF - 1 MB]
- Climate Plan Open House Boards [PDF - 8 MB]
- Climate Plan Public Workshop Climate Mitigation Presentation [PDF - 19 MB]
- Climate Plan Public Workshop Climate Adaptation Presentation [PDF - 2 MB]
- Climate Plan Council Check-In December 3, 2018, Presentation [PDF - 4 MB]
2010 Climate Action Plan and 2011 Climate Adaptation Plan are available upon request.
Thank you to everyone who has contributed throughout the development of the updated 2020 Climate Pan: 100% Renewable & Resilient Saanich.
Saanich Talks: Our community in a changing climate
Our kickoff event was Saanich Talks: Our Community in a Changing Climate on Monday, May 7th. Thanks to everyone who came out! For those that missed it, here are the presentations from our fabulous speakers.
Dr. Thomas Pedersen: Saanich, Climate Change Impacts, and Opportunities [PDF - 4 MB]
Dr. Nancy Turner: “Keeping all the Pieces”: The importance of Biodiversity in Saanich at a time of Environmental Change [PDF - 7 MB]
Dr. Jennie Moore: Saanich’s ‘Footprint’ and what we can do about it [PDF - 1000 KB]
Creating a One Planet Community - Special Livestream Event
Monday, July 16th, 2018