- Online Climate Action Workshop Series - Tuesday evenings starting September 14th
- Sign up for e-news updates to learn about the latest Climate Action news in Saanich.
- Coming soon!
Sign up for e-news updates to learn about the latest Climate Action news in Saanich.
On January 28, 2020, Council adopted the 2020 Climate Plan: 100% Renewable and Resilient Saanich.
Read the Climate Plan and supporting documents:
- January 9 Staff report
- Community greenhouse gas emissions (Territorial/Global Protocol for Community-Scale GHG Emissions (GPC Basic+) and Consumption-Based/Ecocity Footprint)
- Climate Plan Engagement Reports (Phase 1, Phase 2 and Phase 3).
- Saanich Climate Risk Assessment Report
- August 2019 staff report on updated climate targets
- September 2019 staff report on climate emergency response accelerated actions
- Climate Plan Backgrounder Series
- Updated Terms of Reference
- Phase 2 Climate Plan Boards
- Climate Friendly Homes Presentation Slides
- Electric Vehicles Presentation Slides
- Phase 2 Climate Plan Survey
- Climate Plan Open House Boards
- Climate Plan Public Workshop Climate Mitigation Presentation
- Climate Plan Public Workshop Climate Adaptation Presentation
- Climate Plan Council Check-In December 3, 2018, Presentation
2010 Climate Action Plan and 2011 Climate Adaptation Plan are available upon request.
Thank you to everyone who has contributed throughout the development of the updated 2020 Climate Pan: 100% Renewable & Resilient Saanich.
Saanich Talks: Our community in a changing climate
Our kickoff event was Saanich Talks: Our Community in a Changing Climate on Monday, May 7th. Thanks to everyone who came out! For those that missed it, here are the presentations from our fabulous speakers.
Dr. Thomas Pedersen: Saanich, Climate Change Impacts, and Opportunities
Dr. Jennie Moore: Saanich’s ‘Footprint’ and what we can do about it
Creating a One Planet Community - Special Livestream Event
Monday, July 16th, 2018