This is our Chief Administrative Officer. This position links staff and Council whereby council governs and staff execute.
- Efficiently manage our workforce.
- Ensure that staff carry out Council's directions and policies.
- Co-ordinate the budget process.
- Represent Council in labour negotiations.
- Give management advice to Council.
- Make policy and administrative recommendations to Council.
Administration Department is responsible for:
- Creating policies and programs
- Working with other levels of government
- Managing the budget process
- Day-to-day operations
- Legislative Services
This division is responsible for:
- Managing information and support services for Council, the Advisory Committees of Council and the Board of Variance.
- Administering the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy legislation and the corporate records program.
- Conducting municipal elections, by-elections, referenda and legislated elector approval processes.
- Managing the Archives, which collects and preserves Saanich’s documentary heritage and makes this information available to the public.