This is our Chief Administrative Officer. This position links staff and Council whereby council governs and staff execute.
- Efficiently manage our workforce.
- Ensure that staff carry out Council's directions and policies.
- Co-ordinate the budget process.
- Represent Council in labour negotiations.
- Give management advice to Council.
- Make policy and administrative recommendations to Council.
Administration Department is responsible for:
- Creating policies and programs
- Working with other levels of government
- Managing the budget process
- Day-to-day operations
- Legislative Services
- Developing and delivering Sustainability Initiatives
- Strategic Initiatives
Sustainability and Strategic Initiatives
- Leading cross-departmental strategic initiatives.
- Measuring the greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions inventories for the corporation and community.
- Developing and implementing plans for achieving GHG emission reductions and renewable energy targets for municipal operations and the community.
- Preparing for climate change through adaptation and resiliency planning.
- Acting as advisors to Council on sustainability and strategic initiative matters.
- Providing liaison to various municipal committees and community groups.
- Gives legal advice internally to Council and other departments. (Residents requiring legal advice should retain their own independent Solicitor).
- Prepares covenants, new bylaws and bylaw amendments, contracts/agreements and real estate documentation for Saanich. Any questions regarding same can be directed to the Legal Division.
- Manages all types of litigation including damage claims, bylaw prosecutions and labour arbitrations.
- Does Saanich require a Section 219 Covenant be registered against your property as part of your development, rezoning, subdivision or strata application? Click here for more information on the process.