Legislative & Protective Services
This division is responsible for:
- Managing information and support services for Council, the Advisory Committees of Council and the Board of Variance.
- Administering the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy legislation and the corporate records program.
- Conducting municipal elections, by-elections, referenda and legislated elector approval processes.
- Managing the Archives, which collects and preserves Saanich’s documentary heritage and makes this information available to the public.
- Performs building and plumbing inspections.
- Helps respond to zoning inquiries.
- Issues and helps the public with various construction permits.
Real Estate Services
- Provides real estate and appraisal services to Council and departments.
- Buys and sells property on Saanich’s behalf.
- Manages all leased or rented properties owned by Saanich.
- Negotiates the acquisition of rights-of-way.
- Manages third party inquiries regarding property acquisition or disposition from Saanich in accordace with Council's Real Property Disposition Policy.
- Protects Saanich’s assets, employees, volunteers and citizens from loss, damage or injury.
- Promotes policies and procedures designed to prevent incidents from occurring and reduce the effects of incidents.
Building, Bylaw, Licensing
- Bylaw staff respond to bylaw complaints and work with residents to avoid infractions.
- Issues and updates business licenses.