The Saanich Fire Department is committed to providing the highest quality service to our community. We preserve life, protect property and the environment.
- Established in 1919
- 132 uniformed members
- 7 support staff
- 3 fire stations
We respond to more than 4,900 emergency incidents every year including:
- Fire Suppression
- Medical Response
- Vehicle Extrication
- Land and Marine Rescue
- Mutual Aid Requests
- Hazardous Materials Incidents
- Public Service Requests
- Provide fire dispatch services to three clients, including the District Central Saanich, District of Oak Bay and the Capital Regional District which includes 15 regional fire departments in the districts of Highlands, Metchsosin and Sooke and the Juan de Fuca, Salt Spring Island and Southern Gulf Islands electoral areas.
- Carry out fire safety inspections.
- Provide fire apparatus, mechanical and high angle rescue services.
- Participate on the regional Hazardous Materials Response Team.
- Deliver fire prevention and life safety programs.
- Support municipal efforts to prepare for, respond to and recover from major emergencies and disasters.