The Saanich Fire Department is committed to providing the highest quality service to our community. We preserve life, protect property and the environment.
- Established in 1919
- 123 uniformed members
- 7 support staff
- 3 fire stations
We respond to more than 4,600 emergency incidents [PDF - 38 KB] [PDF - 68 KB] every year including:
- Fire Suppression
- Medical Response
- Vehicle Extrication
- Land and Marine Rescue
- Mutual Aid Requests
- Hazardous Materials Incidents
- Public Service Requests
- Provide fire dispatch services to two client municipalities in the Capital Region.
- Carry out fire safety inspections.
- Provide fire apparatus, mechanical and high angle rescue services.
- Participate on the regional Hazardous Materials Response Team.
- Deliver fire prevention and life safety programs.
- Support municipal efforts to prepare for, respond to and recover from major emergencies and disasters.