To minimize potential exposure to COVID-19 by our fire fighters, station tours are suspended until further notice. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
We offer station tours to schools and community groups. You will learn about fire safety from a real fire fighter, learn about and see inside trucks and equipment and do other fun activities. Tours last about 30 – 45 minutes and take place at Fire Station No. 1.
We don’t generally provide tours at Fire Stations 2 or 3 since there is a greater chance all the fire fighters will need to leave if there is an emergency call.
Fire Station No. 1, 760 Vernon Avenue.
Tours are on Tuesdays between:
- 9:00 and 12:00 p.m.
- 1:00 and 4:00 p.m.
- 6:30 and 8:00 p.m.
Before Booking Your Tour
- Please book two weeks ahead.
- We give preference to Saanich-based groups.
- Group size maximum: 30 people.
- Group size minimum: five people.
- We require one chaperone for every five children.
- Chaperones must remain with their group for the duration of the tour.
- Children should be 4 years of age or older.
Book a Station Tour
Fill in the Station Tour Request Form to book your tour and we will send you an email confirming the date and time of your tour.
The Day of the Tour
- Parking is available in front of the Saanich Fire/Police Building as well as behind the Municipal Hall. Look for the visitor parking signs posted.
- When you arrive at Fire Station No. 1, please have one chaperone check in at the Fire General Enquiries Window (turn right when you enter the building). A fire fighter will meet the group and invite everyone into the station.
- We may cancel or interrupt tours if fire fighters need to attend an emergency.
Fire fighters, apparatus, vehicles and equipment are available to attend community events in Saanich. We are also available to provide fire and life-safety programs to children, seniors, businesses and community groups.
Please email your request with as much notice as possible, and provide the following: