In Saanich, burning fossil fuels for personal vehicle transportation is the biggest source of GHG emissions in our community. Access help for making a switch to active, public, or renewable transportation today!
Active, public, and shared mobility rebates - visit www.scrapit.ca for details. (Terms apply and programs change frequently.)
- $1050 Electric bike rebate (read more about e-bikes)
- PST exemption on e-bikes (new as of April 21, 2021)
- $1700 for fleet cargo e-bikes
- $800 for an 11 month BC Transit Ecopass
- $500 carshare credit
Electric vehicle (EV) rebates – visit www.pluginbc.ca for details. (Terms apply and programs change frequently.)
- up to $5,000 Federal iZEV program
- up to $3,000 Provincial CleanBC Go Electric/Clean Energy Vehicle Program
- $6,000 SCRAP_IT Program (currently full)
- $2,000-$5,000 SUVI for low speed vehicles and electric motorcycles
- Up to $100,000 or 66% of the price for Specialty Use Vehicles (e.g. busses, cargo e-bikes, utility trucks)
Fleet electrification - visit https://pluginbc.ca/go-electric-fleets/ for details (terms apply). This program is open to B.C. registered companies, non-profit organizations and public entities and provides funding, training, and other support for deploying zero emission fleets.
EV Charging rebates – (Terms apply and programs change frequently.)
Federal Zero Emission Vehicle Infrastructure Program for public places, on-street, multi-unit residential buildings, workplaces and light duty fleets. Provides 50% of costs up to specific maximums by project type for for Level 2, Fast Chargers, and hydrogen refuelling stations.
- Homes (single family homes, townhomes, or duplexes)
- 50% of costs up to $350
- EV Ready rebates
- Up to $3000 for EV Ready plan
- Up to $80,000 for EV Ready infrastructure
- Up to $14,000 for chargers
- Standalone EV charger rebate
- Up to $56,000 for chargers ($14,000 per building, up to four buildings)
- Up to 50% of those costs, to a maximum of $2,000 per charger, and $14,000 per workplace.
- A business can apply for a maximum of four of their workplace sites, resulting in a maximum project rebate of $56,000.
- Public charger rebates