In Saanich, burning fossil fuels for personal vehicle transportation is the biggest source of GHG emissions in our community. Access help for making a switch to active, public, or renewable transportation today!
Active, public, and shared mobility rebates -
- (Currently taking a waitlist) Provincial E-bike Rebate Program: bcebikerebates.ca
- Visit www.scrapit.ca for details of the rebates below (Terms apply and programs change frequently.)
- $930 for an 11 month BC Transit Ecopass
- $500 carshare credit
- PST exemption on e-bikes (new as of April 21, 2021)
- $1700 for business fleet cargo e-bikes from teh Provincial SUVI program: suvibc.ca
- Children 12 and under ride free on BC Transit
- Kid's bikes lending library by donation from Capital Bikes
Electric vehicle (EV) rebates – visit www.pluginbc.ca for details. (Terms apply and programs change frequently.)
- up to $5,000 Federal iZEV program
- up to $4,000 Provincial CleanBC Go Electric/Clean Energy Vehicle Program (income-qualified)
- $2,000-$5,000 SUVI for low speed vehicles and electric motorcycles
- Up to $100,000 or 33%-66% of the price for Specialty Use Vehicles (e.g. busses, cargo e-bikes, utility trucks)
- Up to one-third of ZEV and/or infrastructure costs through the CleanBC Go Electric Commercial Vehicle Pilots Program
Fleet electrification - visit https://pluginbc.ca/go-electric-fleets/ for details (terms apply). This program is open to B.C. registered companies, non-profit organizations and public entities and provides funding, training, and other support for deploying zero emission fleets.
EV Charging rebates – (Terms apply and programs change frequently.)
Federal Zero Emission Vehicle Infrastructure Program for public places, on-street, multi-unit residential buildings, workplaces and light duty fleets. Provides 50% of costs up to specific maximums by project type for for Level 2, Fast Chargers, and hydrogen refuelling stations. (Multiple intakes per year - check eligibility requirements for each intake.)
- (Fully subscribed) Homes (single family homes, townhomes, or duplexes)
- 50% of costs up to $350
- (Fully subscribed) Apartments/Condos
- EV Ready rebates
- EV Ready plan: 75% of costs up to $3,000 PLUS Saanich's up to $1,000 top up
- EV Ready infrastructure: 50% of costs up to $600 per stall (and max $80,000 per strata PLUS Saanich's up to $100/stall top up
- EV chargers: 50% of costs up to $1,400 per charger (and max $14,000 per strata)
- Standalone EV charger rebate
- Up to $56,000 for chargers ($14,000 per building, up to four buildings)
- Up to 50% of those costs, to a maximum of $2,000 per charger, and $14,000 per workplace.
- A business can apply for a maximum of four of their workplace sites, resulting in a maximum project rebate of $56,000.
- Public charger rebates
- Up to $130,000 for public DC Fast Chargers plus additional funding for Level 2 Stations
- Businesses, non-profits, local governments, Indigenous communities or public sector organizations may apply
Get “plugged in” to updates, news and opportunities for input on electric vehicle initiatives in Saanich by signing up to our EV Newsletter.