In Saanich, burning fossil fuels for personal vehicle transportation is the biggest source of GHG emissions in our community. Access help for making a switch to active, public, or renewable transportation today!
Active, public, and shared mobility rebates - visit www.scrapit.ca for details. (Terms apply and programs change frequently.)
- $1050 Electric bike rebate (read more about e-bikes)
- $1700 for fleet cargo e-bikes
- $800 for an 11 month BC Transit Ecopass
- $500 carshare credit
Electric vehicle (EV) rebates – visit www.pluginbc.ca for details. (Terms apply and programs change frequently.)
- up to $5,000 Federal iZEV program
- up to $3,000 Provincial CleanBC Go Electric/Clean Energy Vehicle Program
- $6,000 SCRAP_IT Program (currently full)
- $2,000-$5,000 SUVI for low speed vehicles and electric motorcycles
- Up to $100,000 or 66% of the price for Specialty Use Vehicles (e.g. busses, cargo e-bikes, utility trucks)
Fleet electrification - visit https://pluginbc.ca/go-electric-fleets/ for details (terms apply). This program is open to B.C. registered companies, non-profit organizations and public entities and provides funding, training, and other support for deploying zero emission fleets.
EV Charging rebates – (Terms apply and programs change frequently.)
Federal Zero Emission Vehicle Infrastructure Program for public places, on-street, multi-unit residential buildings, workplaces and light duty fleets. Provides 50% of costs up to specific maximums by project type for for Level 2, Fast Chargers, and hydrogen refuelling stations.
CleanBC Go Electric public charger rebates aim to fill current gaps in the public DCFC network in B.C. such as Indigenous communities, rural and northern areas, and city centers experiencing long queues for fast chargers (DCFCs) due to high zero emission vehicle (ZEV) uptake.