In Saanich, burning fossil fuels for personal vehicle transportation is the biggest source of GHG emissions in our community. Access help for making a switch to active, public, or renewable transportation today!
Learn more about e-bikes or electric vehicles in Saanich, or watch these fun and informative electric vehicle videos.
Active, public, and shared mobility rebates -
- Visit www.scrapit.ca for details of the rebates below (Terms apply and programs change frequently.)
- $750 Scrap a car for an e-bike rebate (read more about e-bikes)
- $880 for an 11 month BC Transit Ecopass
- $500 carshare credit
- PST exemption on e-bikes (new as of April 21, 2021)
- Saanich Community E-bike Incentive Pilot Program
- $1700 for fleet cargo e-bikes
- Children 12 and under ride free on BC Transit
- Kid's bikes lending library by donation from Capital Bikes
Electric vehicle (EV) rebates – visit www.pluginbc.ca for details. (Terms apply and programs change frequently.)
- up to $5,000 Federal iZEV program
- up to $4,000 Provincial CleanBC Go Electric/Clean Energy Vehicle Program (income-qualified)
- $2,000-$5,000 SUVI for low speed vehicles and electric motorcycles
- Up to $100,000 or 33% of the price for Specialty Use Vehicles (e.g. busses, cargo e-bikes, utility trucks)
- Up to one-third of ZEV and/or infrastructure costs through the CleanBC Go Electric Commercial Vehicle Pilots Program
Fleet electrification - visit https://pluginbc.ca/go-electric-fleets/ for details (terms apply). This program is open to B.C. registered companies, non-profit organizations and public entities and provides funding, training, and other support for deploying zero emission fleets.
EV Charging rebates – (Terms apply and programs change frequently.)
Federal Zero Emission Vehicle Infrastructure Program for public places, on-street, multi-unit residential buildings, workplaces and light duty fleets. Provides 50% of costs up to specific maximums by project type for for Level 2, Fast Chargers, and hydrogen refuelling stations. (Multiple intakes per year - check eligibility requirements for each intake.)
CleanBC Go Electric EV Charger Rebate Program
- Homes (single family homes, townhomes, or duplexes)
- 50% of costs up to $350
- EV Ready rebates
- EV Ready plan: 75% of costs up to $3,000 PLUS Saanich's up to $1,000 top up
- EV Ready infrastructure: 50% of costs up to $600 per stall (and max $80,000 per strata PLUS Saanich's up to $100/stall top up
- EV chargers: 50% of costs up to $1,400 per charger (and max $14,000 per strata)
- Standalone EV charger rebate
- Up to $56,000 for chargers ($14,000 per building, up to four buildings)
- Up to 50% of those costs, to a maximum of $2,000 per charger, and $14,000 per workplace.
- A business can apply for a maximum of four of their workplace sites, resulting in a maximum project rebate of $56,000.
- Public charger rebates
- Up to $130,000 for public DC Fast Chargers plus additional funding for Level 2 Stations
- Businesses, non-profits, local governments, Indigenous communities or public sector organizations may apply
Get “plugged in” to updates, news and opportunities for input on electric vehicle initiatives in Saanich by signing up to our EV Newsletter.