Spending even a little bit of time in nature helps our mental health. Research has shown that spending just two hours over a week in nature improves our mental health. That can be all at once or many small nature breaks. Give yourself a mental break by spending some time in nature.
Some ideas to try:
- Forest bathe through Shinrin Yoku
- Feel calm while practicing yoga or meditation in nature
- Research and visit the many special, unique ecosystems in Saanich Parks (e.g., visit Playfair Park and experience the Garry Oak habitat or walk around Rithet’s Bog one of the region’s last remaining bogs)
- Visit Satinflower Nurseries (who specialize in native plants), and learn about the traditional, medicinal and nutritional uses of native plants.
- Check out our Native plants and animal’s field guide and try to find these species in our parks
- Visit Swan Lake Christmas Hill Nature Sanctuary
- Visit the Horticultural Centre of the Pacific including the W̱SÁNEĆ Ethnobotany Trail