Spending even a little bit of time in nature helps our mental health. Research has shown that spending just two hours over a week in nature improves our mental health. That can be all at once or many small nature breaks. Give yourself a mental break by spending some time in nature.
Some ideas to try:
- Forest bathe through Shinrin Yoku
- Feel calm while practicing yoga or meditation in nature
- Research and visit the many special, unique ecosystems in Saanich Parks (e.g., visit Playfair Park [PDF - 172 KB] and experience the Garry Oak habitat or walk around Rithet’s Bog [PDF - 255 KB] one of the region’s last remaining bogs)
- Visit Satinflower Nurseries (who specialize in native plants), and learn about the traditional, medicinal and nutritional uses of native plants.
- Check out our Native plants and animal’s field guide [PDF - 878 KB] and try to find these species in our parks
- Visit Swan Lake Christmas Hill Nature Sanctuary
- Visit the Horticultural Centre of the Pacific including the W̱SÁNEĆ Ethnobotany Trail