Discover the beauty of Saanich parks and nature in your backyard.
Enjoy fresh air, beautiful scenery, a friendly chat and gentle exercise as we take different walks through Saanich parks and trails. A great way to meet people!
Gentle Walk and Talk
Enjoy fresh air, beautiful scenery, friendly chat and gentle exercise as we take different walks through Saanich parks and trails. Walks follow mainly chip or gravel trails but may have some steep sections. No registration required. Sorry, dogs not permitted.
Thursdays 9:30 to 11 a.m.
- Jun 27 - McMinn to Kentwood – Outterbridge. Meet McMinn Park at 4820 Maplegrove St at Lochside Dr.
- July 4 - UVic Alumni Chip Trail. Meet at Henderson Rec Cetnre, outside main door, 2291 Cedar Hill X Rd
- July 11- Tod Inlet. Meet at Tod Inlet access, on Wallace Dr, opposite Quarry Lake, just south of Benvenuto
- July 18 - Swan Lake. Meet at end of Nelthrope, off McKenzie
- July 25- Mt.Tolmie & Finnerty Gardens. Meet at Henderson Rec Ctr, main entrance parking lot
- August 1- Mt Douglas to Majestic Park. Meet at washrooms in main parking lot off of Cordova Bay Rd. at Ash St.
- August 8- Colquitz to Hyacinth Park. Meet at Colquitz Creek park sign near Silver City Theatre at Tillicum Mall
- August 15- Cedar Hill to Peacock Hill. Meet at Cedar Hill Rec Centre main doors
- August 22- Bow Park. Meet at Gordon Head Rec Centre lobby, 4100 Lambrick Way, off Feltham
- August 29- Calvert Park to Logan Park. Meet at far West end of Viaduct Ave, off Interurban
Discover the beauty of Saanich parks and nature in your backyard. Guided walks are open to adults of all ages. No registration necessary. Please wear sturdy footwear and bring drinking water. Walks go rain or shine. Leashed, well-socialized dogs are welcome.
Sundays, 1 to 3 p.m.
Penny Stevens and Robert Newell
- July 21 - Lambrick Park to Glencoe Cove. Meet outside of entrance of the Gordon Head Recreation Centre at Lambrick Park
- Aug 18 - Shady Ramble along lesser-known trails around lower Mt. Doug. Meet by washroom in main parking lot, off Cordova Bay Road.