Discover the beauty of Saanich parks and nature in your backyard.
Enjoy fresh air, beautiful scenery, a friendly chat and gentle exercise as we take different walks through Saanich parks and trails. A great way to meet people!
Gentle Walk and Talk
Enjoy fresh air, beautiful scenery, friendly chat and gentle exercise as we take different walks through Saanich parks and trails. Walks follow mainly chip or gravel trails but may have some steep sections. No registration required. Sorry, dogs not permitted.
Thursdays 9:30 to 11 a.m.
- Mar 7 - Lochside Trail to Beckwith Park. Meet on Lochside Trail in parking lot by Don Mann Excavating, off McKenzie at Borden
- Mar 14 - Layritz to Copley to Quick’s Bottom Parks. Meet at Layritz Park parking lot off Glyn Rd, off Wilkinson Rd
- Mar 21 - Swan Lake. Meet at end of Nelthrope, off McKenzie
- Mar 28 - Beaver Lake. Meet at Beaver Lake parking lot (Nature House) off of Elk Lake Drive
- Apr 4 - Lambrick Park to Sierra Park. Meet at Gordon head Rec Centre , 4100 Lambrick Way
- Apr 11 - Blenkinsop Valley. Meet at Lochside Elementary School, corner of Royal Oak & Lochside Dr. on Trail
- Apr 18 - Cedar Hill to Playfair Park. Meet at Cedar Hill Rec Centre main doors
- Apr 25 - Cedar Hill Golf Course – Kings Pond. Meet at Cedar Hill Rec Centre main doors
- May 2 - Mt. Doug to Glendenning. Meet at washrooms in main parking lot off Cordova Bay Rd at Ash Rd.
- May 9 - Mt. Tolmie and Finnerty Gardens. Meet at Henderson Rec Centre, main entrance parking lot
- May 16 - McMinn to Doris Page. Meet at McMinn Park, beside tennis courts, off Maplegrove St.
- May 23 - Knockan Hill Park. Meet at Strawberry Vale Community Hall off Burnside Rd
- May 30 - Swan Lake, Reynolds, Playfair Parks. Meet at end of Nelthrope, off McKenzie
- Jun 6 - Mystic Vale. Meet at Cadboro Gyro park end of Sinclair Rd. beside washrooms
- Jun 13 - Gorge Waterway. Meet at Gorge Water Waterway Park near canoe club off Tillicum
- Jun 20 - Lower Trails of Mount Douglas. Meet in main parking lot at Ash & Cordova Bay Rd
- Jun 27 - McMinn to Kentwood – Outterbridge. Meet McMinn Park at 4820 Maplegrove St at Lochside Dr.
Discover the beauty of Saanich parks and nature in your backyard. Guided walks are open to adults of all ages. No registration necessary. Please wear sturdy footwear and bring drinking water. Walks go rain or shine. Leashed, well-socialized dogs are welcome.
Sundays, 1 to 3 p.m.
Penny Stevens and Robert Newell
- Jan 27 - Cadboro Bay to Queenswood Drive - Rob Newell. Meet at the Cadboro Bay Gyro Park parking lot, at the end of Sinclair Road
- Feb 24 - Lesser Known Vistas of Cedar Hill - Penny Stevens. Meet by the footbridge in Cedar Hill Recreation Centre parking lot
- Mar 24 - Swan Lake to Bruce Hutchison Park - Rob Newell. Meet at the Saanich Municipal Hall parking lot at the end of Darwin Avenue
- Apr 28 - Floral Glories of Spring - Mt. Tolmie and Finnerty Gardens - Penny Stevens. Meet in University of Victoria, Parking lot 10, off Gordon Head Rd.
- May 26 - Royal Oak to Falaise Park - Rob Newell. Meet at Lochside Elementary School at intersection of Royal Oak Drive and Lochside Drive
- Jun 23 - Ramble through Glanford and Panama Flats - Penny Stevens. Meet at Hyacinth Park parking lot of on Marigold Road