Tolmie Park [PDF - 99 KB] has underground servicing work starting September 24. Limited parking available. Respect nearby neighbours and choose another location if you must drive and no dedicated park parking spots are available.
Please note the following:
- play singles or only with those in your own household/close circle to enable physical distancing
- avoid touching your face
- wash your hands thoroughly before and after play
- bring your own sanitizer if able
- don't share equipment, water bottles or snacks - bring your own balls
- stay home if feeling unwell
- respect court courtesy - courts are for all to use. Limit your time to one set or 30 minutes if others are waiting.
- there is no booking or reserving of outdoor courts (except for Saanich run programs)
Outdoor Tennis Courts
We have 20 parks with tennis courts in Saanich (Click on map to view enlarged image).
Outdoor Pickle Ball Courts
We’ve lined 11 of our tennis courts for pickleball in the following 6 parks (number matches location on map):
- #3 – Copley West [PDF - 87 KB] (2 courts)
- #5 – Hampton [PDF - 122 KB] (2 courts)
- #9 – McMinn [PDF - 205 KB] (2 courts along with 2 dedicated courts)
- #11 – Rosedale [PDF - 207 KB] (2 courts)
- #16 – Majestic [PDF - 129 KB] (1 court)
- #18 - Prospect Lake [PDF - 76 KB] (2 courts)
These two parks have dedicated pickleball courts:
- #9 – McMinn [PDF - 205 KB] (2 dedicated courts. Play is restricted to 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily.)
- #21 – Tolmie Park [PDF - 129 KB] (2 dedicated courts. Play is restricted to 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily.)
Please respect the following:
- All courts are open on a first-come, first served basis - no booking of outdoor courts occurs.
- Saanich programs and special events have priority.
- see signs posted for any Saanich program reserved times
- Limit play to 30 minutes or one set if others waiting.
- Team up and play doubles where possible.
- Use courts for racquet sports only. No dogs, bicycles, skateboards, scooters, hockey or other play should occur in courts.
- Keep conversations appropriate to a public park with volume low.
- Typical court use should not begin before 8 a.m. and end by 10 p.m., unless otherwise noted.
- Always use proper tennis etiquette.
The Saanich Tennis Club (STC) operates and maintains this court.
Public hours for Viewmont Tennis Courts
Both STC members and the public can use the courts at these times:
- Tuesday 8 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Wednesday 5 – 9 p.m.
- Friday 8 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Saturday 2 – 6 p.m.