Please note the following:
- adult outdoor tennis court use - singles and doubles play allowed assuming you maintain at least a 3m distance from anyone not residing in your own home;
- adult outdoor pickleball court use - singles play allowed. Doubles play remains limited to those who reside with your own household only;
- avoid touching your face;
- wash your hands thoroughly before and after play;
- bring your own sanitizer if able;
- don't share equipment, water bottles or snacks - bring your own balls;
- stay home if feeling unwell;
- respect court courtesy - courts are for all to use. Limit your time to one set or 30 minutes if others are waiting. There is no booking or reserving of outdoor courts (except for Saanich run programs);
- keep your distance - keep a minimum of 3m from anyone not in your immediate household. While up to 10 people may gather in an outdoor setting, these are to be a consistent group of only the same 10 people.
Outdoor Tennis Courts
We have 20 parks with tennis courts in Saanich (Click on map to view enlarged image).
Outdoor Pickle Ball Courts
We’ve lined 11 of our tennis courts for pickleball in the following 6 parks (number matches location on map):
- #3 – Copley West [PDF - 87 KB] (2 courts)
- #5 – Hampton [PDF - 122 KB] (2 courts)
- #9 – McMinn [PDF - 205 KB] (2 courts along with 2 dedicated courts)
- #11 – Rosedale [PDF - 207 KB] (2 courts)
- #16 – Majestic [PDF - 129 KB] (1 court)
- #18 - Prospect Lake [PDF - 76 KB] (2 courts)
These two parks have dedicated pickleball courts:
- #9 – McMinn [PDF - 205 KB] (2 dedicated courts. Play is restricted to 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily.)
- #21 – Tolmie Park [PDF - 129 KB] (2 dedicated courts. Play is restricted to 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily.)
Please respect the following:
- All courts are open on a first-come, first served basis - no booking of outdoor courts occurs.
- Saanich programs and special events have priority.
- see signs posted for any Saanich program reserved times
- Limit play to 30 minutes or one set if others waiting.
- Team up and play doubles where possible.
- Use courts for racquet sports only. No dogs, bicycles, skateboards, scooters, hockey or other play should occur in courts.
- Keep conversations appropriate to a public park with volume low.
- Typical court use should not begin before 8 a.m. and end by 10 p.m., unless otherwise noted.
- Always use proper tennis etiquette.
The Saanich Tennis Club (STC) operates and maintains this court.
Public hours for Viewmont Tennis Courts
Both STC members and the public can use the courts at these times:
- Tuesday 8 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Wednesday 5 – 9 p.m.
- Friday 8 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Saturday 2 – 6 p.m.