Have questions about the leaf program? Check out our new Frequently Asked Questions
Each fall we offer two curbside leaf collection passes along residential streets. Leaf collection dates are included on your garbage and organics collection schedule and
Note: Garbage and organics pick up days change in January. Check your collection schedule for your new day, plus sign up for a reminder and never miss a collection!
- Leaf collection only.
- Have leaves ready for the first day of your collection week.
- Leaves must be in rows or piles no more than 1 metre away from the road.
- No limit to number of piles or rows.
- Leaves to be clear of catch basins, sidewalks, bike lanes and roadways.
- Leaves must not be placed in ditches.
- Collectors require unobstructed access to leaves.
We don’t accept
We're not able to accept a number of items in our leaf collection program. Please put the following in your organics recycling cart:
- Tree needles
- Grass clippings
- Garden waste
You can bring large-volume loads to the Saanich Public Works Yard at 1040 McKenzie Ave.
Where your leaves go
We collect and mulch about 2,500 tonnes of leaves for reuse in our parks, allotment gardens and garry oak restoration projects.
We also drop off free leaf mulch for residential use on a first-come, first-served basis at three Saanich parks: