Current Service Levels due to COVID-19
- Curbside garbage collection - currently as SCHEDULED
- Curbside organics collection - currently as SCHEDULED
- Garden Recycling Drop off and Webcam – Current Hours of Operation
Help keep our collection workers safe during COVID-19
Our staff are working hard to ensure curbside collection service levels are maintained. Here’s a few things that you can do to keep these important people safe and healthy.
- Reduce/Reuse – practicing these principles is particularly important at this time, visit myrecyclopedia.ca for tips.
- Garbage - please bag your garbage. This helps contain any material that may be contaminated.
- Cleaning and hygiene products - place in a plastic bag in your garbage container. These include used tissues, cloths, disinfectant wipes, masks, gloves, personal hygiene products and all similar items. Please do not flush any of these down the toilet or place them loose in your garbage or organics container.
- Vacuum cleaner contents - bag and place in your garbage.
- Food waste - did you know that 63% of the food Canadians throw away could have been eaten? That's about $17 billion or $1,100 per household each year. Tips on reducing food waste through meal planning, food storage, dealing with picky eaters and more can be found at lovefoodhatewaste.ca. For the food waste you can't save consider starting a backyard compost. Not only is this good for the environment, but it will also help to reduce additional stresses on our ability to provide this service.
- Cart preparation – all contents must fit in the cart with the lid closed. Ensure contents are not packed too tightly otherwise some may get stuck and left behind.