- Nathalie attributes her lifelong interest in nature and ecology to growing up on the slopes of Christmas Hill and picking blackberries under the giant Garry Oaks in the Lily St. field in Saanich.
- Nathalie and her family live, farm and act as stewards of the 27 acre Madrona Farm, where they cultivate a variety of 106 agro-ecologically grown vegetables12 months a year and serving nearly 4000 customers.
- Nathalie was inspired by the collective works of former District of Saanich Councils, the Saanich Greenbelt Association and former exemplary residents whose actions have led to our current parks and protected areas.
- In 2010, when 3500 people in Saanich/CRD raised $2.7 million dollars to Protect Madrona Farm forever with the TLC of BC it proved to Nathalie without a doubt that when people work together they can move mountains. She believes that a small local committee of a municipality can change the world.
- Land Conservancy of British Columbia
- Agricultural Program Coordinator: Worked with 90 exemplary farmers in the Conservation Partners Program (a landowner incentive program)
- Native Pollinator Outreach educator
- Assistant Major Gifts Officer
- Raincoast Conservation Foundation-Major Gift Fundraiser
- Author at Rocky Mountain Publishers
- Saving Farmland: the Fight for Real Food
Saanich Council appointments (current):
- Chair, Healthy Saanich Advisory Committee – 2020
- Liaison, Te’mexw Treaty Advisory Committee - 2019
Capital Regional District appointments (current):
- Director, Regional Water Supply Commission
- Liaison, Peninsula & Area Agricultural Commission - 2019
- Saanich Arts and Heritage Committee - 2018
- Diploma in Restoration Ecology from the University of Victoria
- Diploma in Conservation Finance from Yale University
- Permaculture Design Certificate
- Community and volunteers services:
- Founder of the Chef Survival Challenge Event
- Founding member of the Blenkinsop Valley Community Association (2006-2018)
- Founding Member of the Social Environmental Alliance (SEA)
- Girl Guide Leaders of Canada (Bay to Bay-Sparks: Sunflower)
- Nathalie and David Chambers Saanich Sustainability Award - 2017
- TLC Conservation award 2010
- Golden Carrot Award 2012