Reporting Invasive Species
When you report high priority invasive plants and animals, you help us to better manage and eradicate invasive species causing the greatest impact. Together, we can reduce the impacts invaders have such as to our economy, recreation areas, infrastructure, ecosystems and human health. We and our regional and provincial partners greatly appreciate your help. Thank you!
Which invasive species are a priority?
- Priority invasive plants in the Capital Region [PDF - 269 KB]
- Priority invasive plants and animals in B.C.
How do I report invasive species?
You have many options for reporting. Choose the one below that works best for you.
Saanich Bylaw Enforcement
Make bylaw complaints about invasive plants on private lands.
- Phone: 250-475-5456
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Saanich Environmental Services
You can report priority invasive plants and animals you see on private lands in Saanich. We also want to hear about any you see on provincial and federal lands here. If you have questions, give us a call.
- Phone: 250-475-5471
- Email: email@example.com
Report priority invasive plants and animals on public lands in Saanich. This includes spaces like parks and boulevards.
- Phone: 250-475-5522
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Reporting Tools
Reporting priority invasive plants in the Capital Region:
- Phone the Invasive Species Council of British Columbia hotline: 1-888-933-3722
- Email the Capital Region Invasive Species Partnership (CRISP): email@example.com
- Online: B.C. Report-A-Weed
All BC residents can report priority invasive species through:
- three-step web reporting.
- download their iPhone or Android smartphone reporting app.
Call the Invasive Species Council of BC hotline at 1-888-933-3722.
Report priority invasive animals on the Inter-Ministry Invasive Species Working Group online reporting.
Report invasive mussels to the B.C. Conservation Service at 1-877-952-7277.