Reporting Invasive Species
When you report high priority invasive plants and animals, you help us to better manage and eradicate invasive species causing the greatest impact. Together, we can reduce the impacts invaders have such as to our economy, recreation areas, infrastructure, ecosystems and human health. We and our regional and provincial partners greatly appreciate your help. Thank you!
Which invasive species are a priority?
How do I report invasive species?
You have many options for reporting. Choose the one below that works best for you.
For information about which plants and animals are priority invasives:
- Priority invasive plants in the Capital Region [PDF - 212 KB]
- Invasive ant species
- Priority animals to report to the province of BC
Saanich Bylaw Enforcement
Make bylaw complaints about invasive plants on private lands.
- Phone: 250-475-5456
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Saanich Environmental Services
You can report priority invasive plants (and invasive ants) you see on private lands in Saanich. If you have questions, give us a call.
- Phone: 250-475-5471
- Email: email@example.com
Report priority invasive plants and animals on public lands in Saanich. This includes spaces like parks and boulevards.
- Phone: 250-475-5522
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Reporting Tools
Reporting priority invasive plants in the Capital Region:
- Email the Capital Region Invasive Species Partnership (CRISP): email@example.com
- Online: (below)
All BC residents can report priority invasive species through the province (including an app for invasive plants):
- three-step web reporting.
- download their iPhone or Android smartphone reporting app.