NEW – Community Survey
We are seeking input to support the development of new land use policy as part of our Strategic OCP Update (project details below). Three areas are the focus of this survey:
New housing forms in Neighbourhoods (through residential infill)
Land uses along major roads/corridors
Building complete, walkable communities
Complete the survey online now!
Paper copies are available on request by contacting Amber Walker at 250-475-5494 ext. 3452 or email@example.com.
We are updating the Official Community Plan!
The Official Community Plan (OCP) is the main document that guides growth and change in Saanich. It provides a long-term vision for a livable community based on shared values and sustainability. The OCP works together with other plans and policies.
The Strategic OCP Update will retain the sustainability vision of the current OCP and focus efforts on key elements that reflect recent trends and Council directions. The update focuses on five priorities:
- Incorporate recent District work, such as the Climate Plan, Housing Strategy and Active Transportation Plan, into the broader directions of the OCP.
- Integrate updated demographic data and statistics.
- Update the land use framework to address emerging policy priorities (i.e. corridors, missing middle/infill housing, walkable neighbourhoods).
- Refine its sustainability approach and link it with One Planet Living.
- Strengthen monitoring and implementation.
The project is a year-long with three phases. The shorter timeline is reflective of the project’s focused scope of work.
The Project Terms of Reference [PDF - 530 KB], endorsed by Council on March 21, 2021, provides a detailed account of the project to be undertaken and completed.
Opportunities to provide feedback are focused on new and/or changing policy areas at key stages. Sign-up for project updates to follow progress and get involved.
Resources, Council Reports & Project Documents