Saanich Parks are for Everyone
Parks are used for many things, from recreation and sports to relaxation and enjoying nature. Have a picnic, play sports, use the playground, watch nature – just a few of the things you can do in our parks!
Some basic rules
Let’s make sure everyone can enjoy our parks.
- If you play games and sports make sure you are not in the way of other park users.
- Park only in approved areas.
- Keep noise levels down. Music or loudspeaker use is okay as long as those around you are okay with it!
- Keep dogs under control and clean up after your pet. Learn more about dogs in parks.
- No fires in parks or on beaches.
- You can use portable gas BBQs with adult supervision. No charcoal or briquettes.
- No alcohol.
If you have a park permit, the park is still open for general use. If someone else is using the area you have booked, please nicely let them know you have a permit and ask that they move.
- Stick to formal trails.
- Pack it in, pack it out. Please take all garbage, recycling or compostable materials with you.
- Please do not pick or eat plants or flowers.
- Leave trees alone.
- Enjoy wildlife from a distance.
- No smoking, vaping or use of cannabis products.
- Colquitz River - for the sake of the wildlife, please stay out!