When you no longer need pesticides, take them to an authorized depot. You will be disposing of these hazardous products the right way. It’s environmentally responsible.
How should I bring in hazardous products?
- Bring them in labelled, sealed containers.
- Use the original container whenever possible.
- Never mix wastes.
There is no charge to drop off your leftover pesticides at the Hartland Landfill.
Where can I reach the Hartland Landfill?
- #1 Hartland Avenue (access from West Saanich Rd)
When is the landfill open?
- Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Saturday, 7 a.m. – 2 p.m.
What NOT to do
- Never flush pesticides down your toilet, sink, or drain.
- Never pour them down storm drains.
- Why? These chemicals harm septic systems and contaminate the natural environment.
- Do not put pesticides into the garbage or bury them.
- Why? Chemicals will eventually leach out of the landfill or your backyard. They will contaminate the natural environment.