A pandemic is an infectious disease or condition that attacks a large portion of the population in different parts of the world at the same time.
Protect yourself and your family
Take common sense precautions to prevent the spread of germs and practice good health habits:
1. Regularly wash your hands with warm, soapy water for at least 20 seconds
- Before and after eating.
- After going to the bathroom.
- After coughing and sneezing.
- After touching surfaces that others may have contaminated.
2. Cough and sneeze into a tissue or your sleeve to avoid contaminating your hands or spreading the virus through infected droplets.
3. Promptly throw away used tissues.
4. Frequently clean AND disinfect household surfaces like door handles and light switches.
Check for current Public Health Alerts from HealthLinkBC.