Updated May 9, 2022
Saanich Parks, Recreation & Community Services remains committed to the safe enjoyment of our facilities for all patrons. Updates will continue to be posted here.
- Proof of vaccination is not required to access Saanich Recreation Centre programs and facilities.
- Mask wearing remains a personal choice in Saanich Recreation Centres.
- We ask that you do not attend Saanich Recreation Centres if feeling unwell.
- Everyone is asked to engage in safe social contact.
Saanich Parks, Recreation & Community Services is a respectful workplace. Our facilities and employees are following communicable disease guidance from WorkSafeBC. Your continued understanding is greatly appreciated.
For the latest updates from Saanich Parks, Recreation & Community Services, sign up for our eNews newsletter here
What to expect when visiting a Saanich Recreation Centre:
- As capacity increases in many areas, many activities will move from reserved drop-in to no reservation required. Please see below for activity-specific information
- Room rentals have returned. Please check capacity with individual centres.
What to expect in the weight room:
- Equipment spacing has returned to pre-COVID standards
- Patrons are recommended to clean their equipment before and after use
What to expect in the swimming pools:
Saanich Commonwealth Place
- Drop-in access for swimming has resumed. Click here for schedules
- Drop-in access for waterfit has resumed. Click here for schedules
- Hot tub, steam room and sauna are open
- Pool viewing area is open and spectators are now permitted
- No occupancy limits in the change rooms
Gordon Head Recreation Centre
- The pool is currently closed to facilitate repairs to the mechanical room. Click here for more information and updates
- The remainder of the facility is open for use including the unversal change rooms and lockers
What to expect for skating at G.R. Pearkes Recreation Centre:
- Drop-in access public skates have resumed
- Stick and Puck remains as a reserved drop-in until further notice. Reservations can be made here up to 1 week in advance
What to expect at Cedar Hill Golf Course:
- Walk-on golfers are welcome
- Golfers must follow regular golf etiquette and rules while on the Golf Course
- Please engage in safe social contact
Continuous Access Passes have returned! Enjoy all four Saanich Recreation Centres for one low monthly fee. Click here for details and to buy your Access Pass