We welcome research studies in Saanich Parks!
Saanich welcomes you to use our parks for research about the composition of the flora and fauna and related impacts.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- environmental assessments
- invasive species inventory
- species monitoring and tracking
- approved collections
We will support your research study by allowing access to our parks with a permit. We do need the following details so we can prepare a permit:
- A completed research permit request form [PDF - 76 KB].
- During the COVID-19 pandemic response, we also will require a completed COVID-19 addendum [PDF - 276 KB] and safety plan [PDF - 559 KB] submitted.
- A complete research proposal including methodology.
- Dates, times and specific locations where the research will take place.
- Mitigation plans for any potential impacts for research conducted in natural areas.
- Proof of liability insurance.
- A copy of the findings or report when research is completed.
Please send all materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. We do need time to review the request, so submit your application at least two weeks before the date requested.