The next nomination period will open in March 2023
- You can nominate anyone as long as their environmental work impacts Saanich.
- If the nominee works in an environmental field, share how their work exceeds their job requirements.
- Members of the Environment and Natural Areas Committee, Saanich staff and Saanich Council cannot receive awards.
- Nominations must be submitted by the deadline, signed (submitted by paper) or by personal declaration (submitted on-line).
- Past recipients can receive awards for different projects in these award categories: Business, Individual Citizen, Long-Term Environmental Achievement and Youth.
- Volunteer Organization
- Youth (individual/youth group/school)
- Biodiversity Conservation
- Long-Term Environmental Achievement
The Environmental and Natural Areas Advisory Committee evaluates nominations on:
- Award purpose and eligibility
- Duration of efforts: how long the initiative took to accomplish as a measure of effort
- Magnitude of effort: the amount of personal effort involved
- Long-term effect of efforts: the legacy, the sustainability of outcomes
- Significance of efforts: how far reaching were the outcomes in the greater community
- Use of innovation: new techniques, tools, audiences, etc.
- Past efforts: other accomplishments that show a history of effort
We announce information about the awards online, by email (to a circulation list), in recreation centres and in Saanich News ads.
Sign up to receive email updates about the Environmental Awards.