QEP List

What is a Qualified Environmental Professional (QEP)?

A Qualified Environmental Professional may be required to provide a report and/or recommendations to enhance or protect a stream or other part of the natural environment. Simply put, a QEP is:

  • an individual who is a member in good standing of a British Columbia professional association (such as, but not limited to; a Biologist, Engineer, Agrologist, Technologist, or Forester),
  • has the knowledge and work experience to complete a scientific review of the site conditions in and about a Streamside Development Permit Area or an Environmental Development Permit Area.

How Can I Find a Qualified Environmental Professional?

Additional information can be found at the Ministry of Environment, Environmental Stewardship Division.

A list of riparian QEPs currently registered with the BC government and working on Vancouver Island can be found at the following link: