We use more than 8,300 street lights of various types and wattages. What they have in common is that nearly every one has a photo control switch. This tells it to turn on at night and go off during the day.
Like everything, they can have problems or fail. Our staff is always looking for "duds", but we need you to help us too.
How to tell if a light isn’t working
- Light is out. The lamp, photo control or the fixture itself has failed.
- Light goes on and off. This cycling means it’s at the end of its life.
- Light stays on during the day. The photo control has failed in the on position.
Tell us if you see a light that isn’t working
- Call Public Works at 250-475-5599.
- Use our Report A Problem form to tell us the location and problem.
Want to see a streetlight installed on your street?
- Visit our Local Improvements page.
- Visit our LED Streetlight Project page.