Day to day, Saanich responds to hundreds of calls for service for police, fire and public works. The vast majority of these calls don’t need special coordination.
But there are times when something pushes our daily operations to their limit and we need extra support for front line work.
Emergency Response and Recovery Plan
This plan provides guidance for staff working in an Emergency Operations Centre. The plan is regularly updated and takes an all-hazards approach and dynamic planning process. Included are specific potential hazards to our community and our priority response actions.
Other Saanich Plans
- Department Operation Centre Plans
- Facility Emergency Response Plans
- Emergency Social Services Plan
- Evacuation Plan
- Rapid Damage Assessment Plan
We belong to two regional commissions.
- Comprised of agencies that have significant responsibility during a major emergency in the Capital Regional District.
- Develop and promote initiatives to increase communication and cooperation for major emergencies.
- Increases communication and cooperation among regional local government emergency programs.
- Strengthens capacity to prepare for, respond to and recover from a multi-jurisdictional emergency event in our region.
Our volunteer groups also work closely with regional partners to:
- Share training opportunities.
- Conduct joint exercises.
- Ensure mutual understanding of each other’s capacities.