We have identified a number of places Saanich may use in an emergency. The place depends on different factors:
- The incident’s scale.
- The incident’s location.
- Our needs in coordinating response efforts.
During an emergency, we encourage you to monitor local media for emergency public announcements on buildings we’re using.
Our Emergency Support Services volunteers will set up centres as needed to help care for evacuees.
Our designated primary emergency reception centres or group lodging facilities for evacuations:
- Gordon Head Recreation Centre, 1744 Feltham Road
- Cedar Hill Recreation Centre, 3220 Cedar Hill Road
- Saanich Commonwealth Place, 4636 Elk Lake Drive
- GR Pearkes Recreation Centre, 3100 Tillicum Road
We also have agreements with other organizations to use their buildings for emergency use if we need to. You are encouraged to monitor local media as we will announce which centres are activated based on the specific information we have about the event.
We could also activate an Emergency Operation Centre to support response actions. We have identified primary and secondary locations for this. Also, the Saanich Command Vehicle offers us the flexibility to be near a site that needs support.