We are currently undergoing updates for two Local Area Plans:
How Saanich is updating its Local Area Plans
On September 11, 2017, Council approved a program to update all Saanich Local Area Plans. The updated plans will help provide direction for growth and change in neighbourhoods and implement the directions of the Official Community Plan.
Each Local Area planning process will have intensive community involvement and will take approximately 18 months to complete. Local Area Plans will be updated according to the following schedule.
- Starting in 2017 – Cordova Bay, Cadboro Bay
- Starting in 2018 – North Quadra, Quadra
- Starting in 2019 – Gordon Head, Carey
- Starting in 2021 – Royal Oak, Tillicum
- Starting in 2022 – Shelbourne, Blenkinsop
- Starting in 2023 – Rural Saanich
How can I be involved?
Stay tuned to this webpage for updates and information on how to get involved.
You can email email@example.com to be added to our email notification list for one of the first updates (Cadboro Bay and Cordova Bay). You will receive an update when there are opportunities for public input or when this subject will be considered by Council.