Allenby Park [PDF - 179 KB] is a neighbourhood park located in south Saanich near the municipal border of Oak Bay. It features a playground, a sportcourt (with half basketball and half hockey), pathways, and a baseball field and building that is home to Carnarvon/Allenby Baseball Association.
New playground coming!
Due to global supply chain delays the new play equipment for Allenby Park won’t be arriving until 2022. Construction for this project will now begin in the spring once the wet park conditions improve. This will allow for the shortest time period of closing the playground and sport court during construction.
Check out the play equipment renderings!
The new robinia wood playground features the following accessibility aspects:
- Embankment slide with a max. 8% sloped asphalt pathway
- Transfer station onto ages 5-12 play structure
- Storefront on play structure
- Accessible swing
- Tipi carousel spinner with top brace
- Double somersault bars
- Concrete ramp into the playground
- Wood engineered fibre safety surfacing considered to be an accessible surface by the Canadian Standards Association for playgrounds
We will also create a small sand area with an imaginative play mushroom table and chairs as well as natural play with stumps, logs and rocks by the embankment slide area. A wider main asphalt pathway will connect the playground to the new sport court with basketball and hockey nets at both ends. An additional asphalt pathway will lead to the embankment slide and connect to the existing sidewalk for a walking loop. We will also update drainage, tree planting and furniture with the playground and sport court upgrades.
Construction will start Spring 2022.