Stormwater is the runoff of rain or melting hail or snow. Excess water goes into our storm sewers through grated street drains. These empty into waterways: rivers, creeks or the ocean. When we manage stormwater properly, we keep our streams and rivers healthy.
Stormwater Drainage Facts
We have many different ways that we manage stormwater.
- Watercourse and ditches: 536.5 km
- Catch basin/silt traps/oil interceptors: 13,419
- Manhole and drainage structures: 6,949
- Stormwater gravity main: 567 km
- Stormwater detention ponds: 17
- Rain gardens: 17