Discover Saanich today
The District of Saanich is the largest municipality on British Columbia’s Vancouver Island:
- Population: about 114,000.
- Area: 103.44 km2 (39.4 square miles).
We border six municipalities, including B.C.’s capital, Victoria.
There are many options to get to and travel around Saanich.
- You can use a variety of bike paths for touring or simply getting around.
- BC Transit can help plan your trip.
- BC Ferries takes passengers to a variety of coastal locations.
- The Victoria International Airport is an important hub.
- You can rent taxi services from a number of companies.
- You may also travel to and from the United States via the Washington State ferry, the M.V. Coho or the Clipper.