The more we learn about nature, the better prepared we are to give back to nature. There are lots of places to learn more about nature around us.
- Download the Plants and Animals Guide [PDF - 878 KB] to learn what you might see in Saanich Parks.
- Grab a Naturehood map [PDF - 8 MB] and build your own local adventure. Check off the plants and animals you see along the way.
- Learn about Indigenous ways of knowing about nature by exploring Initiatives – W̱SÁNEĆ Leadership Council or visiting the W̱SÁNEĆ Ethnobotany Trail - Horticulture Centre of the Pacific.
- Take a workshop through some of our partners like Swan Lake Christmas Hill Nature Sanctuary or Horticulture Centre of the Pacific.
- Watch a nature documentary and talk about what you learned with friends and family.
- Learn to use the iNaturalist app to record what you observe in nature.
"The love of gardening is a seed once sown that never dies"