2021 Committee Appointments List (updated June 2021)
CALL FOR APPLICANTS FOR THE RESILIENT SAANICH TECHNICAL COMMITTEE
The District of Saanich is accepting applications from qualified parties wishing to serve on the Resilient Saanich Technical Committee (RSTC). Saanich Council will be appointing two (2) members to fill current vacancies and the appointment has an undetermined end date in approximately 1 – 2 years.
The Terms of Reference and scope of work for Resilient Saanich, which includes the Technical Committee, can be found on the project website www.saanich.ca/biodiversity The purpose of the RSTC is to work with staff and consultants to advise and share expertise in shaping the actions outlined in the Resilient Saanich Terms of Reference.
The RSTC is looking for applicants with the following areas of expertise:
- Active and retired biologists with expertise in vertebrates, invertebrates, plants, terrestrial ecology, aquatic ecology, marine biology, etc.
- Indigenous Peoples and/or First Nation Governments;
- Climate scientists;
- Conservation planning and management professionals;
- Resource economists;
- Arborists and landscape architects; and
- Senior government scientific staff.
We welcome applicants from First Nations governments as well as independent indigenous individuals.
All members receive an honourarium of $250.00 per meeting.
HOW TO APPLY:
Saanich residents interested in being considered for the Technical Committee must submit an Application for Appointment [PDF - 76 KB] with a detailed résumé outlining their occupation, community involvement, and technical or special expertise.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: FRIDAY, JUNE 11, 2021 BY 4:30 P.M.
Submit to the Legislative Services Division, District of Saanich, 770 Vernon Avenue, Victoria, BC, V8X 2W7, or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Municipal Appointments to Advisory Committees
The application deadline has now passed for the 2021 Municipal Appointments.
If you would like to serve your community, you may apply in the Fall of 2021 to sit on a committee in an area such as:
- Arts and heritage
- Transportation and pedestrian mobility
- Parks and recreation
Types of Committees
- Council establishes Advisory Committees
- Most include one Council member as Chair
- The Mayor establishes Standing Committees for special purposes
- The Mayor appoints all the members of a Standing Committee with at least half being Council members
Statutory Boards and Authorities
- Created through provincial and federal legislation
- Each board and authority has a unique function within the municipal framework
- Deal with specific technical matters