Request for Quotation: “RFQ 22-022 – “Development Permit Area Guidelines Update” The Quotation document has now been posted on Bonfire:
Solicitation Number: RFQ 22-022.
SCOPE OF WORK
The District is seeking to select one qualified respondent or respondent team (the Consultant) to provide:
- A comprehensive update of the existing Saanich Development Permit Area (DPA) Guidelines; and
- Recommendations for updating the existing Saanich Zoning Bylaw, Building Bylaw, Noise Suppression Bylaw and the Minimum Property Maintenance Standards Bylaw
In order to:
- Remove barriers to high performance buildings and support sustainable development;
- Use more consistent format, language, and content between development permit areas and other bylaws.
- Align with the OCP’s approach to the development of sustainable, compact and complete communities focused on centers, corridors and villages;
- Establish the District of Saanich’s expectations and aspirations for the form and character of development in Saanich, in alignment with design policies / guidelines in recently developed area plans and established best practices;
- Encourage the creation of exceptional sustainable development, contextual and compatible architecture, high quality pedestrian realms, context-sensitive design, and contribute to place-making and design excellence in our community;
- Support net-zero carbon new construction and redevelopment;
- Support sustainable design aligned with the goals of the Saanich Climate Plan;
- Support the development of diverse and adaptable housing options within Saanich as aligned with the goals of the Housing Strategy; and
The updated Guidelines would be used by staff, architects, landscape architects, engineers, developers, community members, and others when designing development and/or evaluating development permit applications.
The District uses a Bonfire portal for accepting and evaluating proposals digitally. Please contact Bonfire at Support@GoBonfire.com for technical questions related to your submission. You can also visit their help forum at https://bonfirehub.zendesk.com/hc
Deadline for Questions: March 24, 2022 at 3:00 PM.
Closing Date: April 8, 2022 at 3:00 PM.
It is the sole responsibility of the Proponent to make sure they have addenda(s) before submitting their Proposal Response.
All awards and results will be posted on Bonfire as well as the Saanich website: http://www.saanich.ca/EN/main/business/selling-to-saanich/bid-opportunities.html under "Selling to Saanich", under "Bid Opportunities".