Information regarding the BC Vaccine Card and Saanich Recreation facilities
September 13, 2021
As of September 13, patrons must have at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, and by October 24 must be fully vaccinated (two doses) to access the programs/services listed under "required"
- All weight room visits (22+yrs)
- All indoor adult fitness activities regardless of intensity (22+yrs)
- All indoor adult sport activities including but not limited to racquets, hockey, basketball and pickleball (22+yrs)
- Spectators of indoor sports over 50 person capacity
- All events over 50 people (presentations, meetings etc)
- Swimming pool activities
- Child and youth (21 and under) sports and activities; includes coaches, volunteers and parents accompanying and supporting a child's participation
- Public skating and children's skate lessons; includes parents accompanying children at a public skate or to skate lessons
- Outdoor sports of activities
- Parental drop off or pick up from youth activities
- General facility access/use such as washrooms, changerooms and showers
- Golf and pro shop access
- Adult general activities under 50 persons (i.e. pottery, art, general interest etc.)
*To meet the requirements of the Public Health Order, staff will ask to see your proof of vaccination card and one piece of valid government-issued photo identification. You will be required to provide your BC Vaccine Card either digitally or as a paper copy as of September 26 2021. Until September 26 2021, you may also show the orange and blue COVID 19 Immunization Record paper card received at the time of vaccination. Youth aged 12-18 who are accessing fitness activities or events are only required to show proof of vaccination and not a government-issued photo ID. Please see the BC Proof of Vaccination website for more information at gov.bc.ca/vaccinecard.
Please be aware that at this time proof of vaccination will be required every time you come to the facility. Please leave yourself sufficient time to do so. To help speed up entry please have your documents ready.
As the order becomes more clear and clarification has been made over the next weeks some of these requirements may change. Please see the BC Proof of Vaccinations for Business website for more information.
Vaccine Card FAQ's
Details can be found in our FAQ document [PDF - 165 KB].
Saanich Parks and Recreation is a respectful workplace, our employees are doing what is mandated by the Public Health Order. Your respectful approach to this procedure is greatly appreciated.