Uptown-Douglas Corridor Plan update
April 12, 2017
For Immediate Release
Saanich, BC – Come and explore the future of the Uptown-Douglas Corridor and learn about our progress so far!Please join us at a drop-in open house to review the draft concepts and provide feedback through our online survey.
In January, we hosted a three-day community design workshop to review, test and refine ideas in order to create some concepts to inform the development of the Uptown – Douglas Corridor Plan. We asked participants a series of questions in order to begin to develop some strategies.
Your feedback on these concepts will be used to develop policy that will guide future growth and change in this dynamic area of Saanich.
How to Get Involved:
Please join us at the drop-in open house to review the concepts and provide feedback through the online survey.
- Thursday, April 20, 2017
- 1 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Uptown Shopping Centre - Unit #105 – 3500 Uptown Blvd.
If you can’t make it to the open house, a virtual open house on our website. Check saanich.ca/udcp for more information and to complete the survey.
- 140,000 people live within a 10-minute drive of the Uptown – Douglas Corridor study area.
- Population in this area has grown by 1.7% annually over the past 5 years, roughly double the rate of Saanich and the Capital Regional District.
- 9,500 employees come to work in the Uptown-Douglas Corridor study area every day.
- 30% of Saanich’s industrial land is located in Uptown-Douglas Corridor study area.
- 30,000 people use transit through this area every day.
- Douglas Street is identified as a rapid transit corridor and the Uptown Major Centre has been identified as a transit hub in the BC Transit's Victoria Transit Future Plan.
Shari Holmes-Saltzman, Senior Planner
Phone: 250-475-5494 ext. 3453